Saturday, 23 April 2016

48 degrees!!!


Last summer, my boyfriend and I booked up for 5 days in Madrid. I’d never really been interested in going there before but I came across a deal and though why not?!? I have to say, I am so happy I did come across it as it was an absolutely beautiful city and we had a great time! The week prior, I’d seen Spain were forecasted a heatwave which whilst sitting in work looking out the window to pouring rain, this sounded like the best news ever… Yes, it was great, but walking round a city centre with temperatures reaching 48 degrees can be slightly tough! This didn’t stop us though, we just slapped on the sun cream and got on with things :-)

Along with wandering the streets and lying, sunbathing in parks, listed are some of the things we got up to:
·         Hop on, hop off bus tour (obviously!)

·         Prado National Museum

·         Parque Warner

·         Madrid Zoo Aquarium

·         Aquapolis Water Park

·         Royal Palace of Madrid

·         Parque del Retiro


Normally we wouldn’t visit as many parks but as the heat was so high we needed out of the sun so googled some things to do and we came across these! The waterpark was a massive bonus as walking round a city centre, fully clothed in temperatures over 40 degrees is not easy!!

I would best describe Madrid as a mix between Paris and London. It had the old, beautiful architecture along with the buzzing city vibes with lots of designer, high street stores.  The food was a highlight and thankfully, we never experienced a bad meal! I have again, attached a link to top rated restaurants in case you plan on going any time soon and want to have a wee browse :-)! https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g187514-Madrid.html


I would definitely recommend visiting this beautiful city, just not in the peak of summer!!

Thanks for your time,
Daisy :-) x



No comments:

Post a Comment