Monday, 25 April 2016

Girls weekend :-)


I can only describe Amsterdam with one word……. Fascinating! I’ve been twice now and both times I’ve loved it! The first time was more about sightseeing and culture and the second time ended up being about the nightlife. Putting aside some of the bazaar things you’ll see over there, nothing beats cruising down the canal, watching the sun go down with a cocktail in your hand.


The first time I visited, I went with my best pal who was also visiting for the first time. We planned our time very efficiently to make sure that we managed to see and get up to a lot in the 2 and a half days we were there. As always, I used the bus tour service although soon realised, in order to take full advantage of the sites in the city, it’s more beneficial to just walk about! Located around the city are many “Tours & Tickets” shops. Here you can access information for amusements within the city along with purchasing tickets and packages to a number of places. Listed are some of the things we got up to and seen:
·         Amsterdam Dungeons

·         Hop on-Hop off tour bus

·         Canal cruise

·         Magnum Pleasure Store

·         Vondelpark

·         Red Light District

·         Red Light Secrets – Museum of prostitution

·         Sex museum

·         Ice bar

·         Moulin Rouge

·         And many more…..

Our first trip was in August, which is in average the warmest month of the year in Amsterdam, we managed to take full advantage of just chilling in the outdoor cafes and parks. It was lovely being able to have lunch on the canal side, drinking cocktails, watching boats cruise past.

The second time I visited, I returned with my best pal along with our other two besties :-). Here is a list of what we got up to:
·         Canal cruise

·         Ice bar Bar crawl

·         Lie in bed for 2 full days……..

We decided when we woke up hungover on our first full day that we would dedicate this trip to enjoying the nightlife! On the first night we went on the Red Light District Bar crawl which I would highly recommend to anyone visiting! The bar crawl consisted of:
·         Unlimited Vodka Shots between 8:00-8:30pm

·         6 bars, Pubs and a Club

·         Free Jager, Vodka, Sambuca or Apple sour shot at every venue

·         Free entrance to the club

·         Drink specials

·         Professional Guides

·          Free souvenir t-shirt

·         The opportunity to meet loads of new people!

All for only 18 euros!!!
The nightlife was great and despite being lazy brat’s majority of the trip, we all had an amazing weekend!

One more thing to mention, the streets are just filled with food, food and more food. All I have to say is expect to come home 4 stone heavier as it’s too difficult to resist….. If you are a fan of Chinese cuisine, I would highly recommend eating in the ‘Sea Palace’. This was Europe’s first and largest floating restaurant. The food is amazing and the views are even better!

Thanks for reading,
Daisy   x

No comments:

Post a Comment